I love experimenting with new ways to use ingredients, and thought this would be a great flavor combination. It exceeded my expectations. The delicate moistness of the pumpkin holds up well to the maple but the bourbon and worcteshire sauce help smooth the transition. When combined with the salty goodness of the pork it is amazing. Give this a try, you won't regret your visit to Fat Boy Heaven.
Slow Cooker Maple Pumpkin Pulled Pork
If you like pulled pork, you're going to love this beautiful recipe for slow cooker pulled pork. Rich & salty, with just enough sweet to make you crave it nightly, you're gonna love this recipe twist!
- 3 pound pork roast
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- hamburger buns
- Place pork roast in a slow cooker. Add the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, Worcestershire sauce, bourbon, and maple extract. Use a spatula to mix together the pumpkin mixture over the top of the pork. Cover and set slow cooker to high. Cook for 4-6 hours, or until pork is tender.
- Using two forks, pull the pork apart until well shredded. Stir well into the pumpkin mixture. Cover and allow to cook for another hour, until the sauce thickens.
- Spoon mixture onto hamburger buns. Serve and enjoy!