The wife is out of town this week and I was looking for some good old fashioned comfort food for dinner tonight. I decided to go to an old standby, Ribs and Kraut. This is super simple in the Crock-Pot, and is a great tasting dish. Traditionally it is served with mshed potatoes on the side, but I tend to stay away from heavy carbs during the week. This is a winner with the kids, and one of my favorites.
Southern Ribs and Kraut
- 3 lbs. Boneless Country Style Ribs
- 32 oz. jar of Sauerkraut
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 Tbs. Olive Oil
- Add oil to large frying pan and heat to medium-high
- Season ribs with salt and pepper on all sides
- Brown ribs and transfer to crock-pot
- Cook on Low for 5 hours or high for 3 hours
- Drain kraut and add to crock-pot, continue to cook for 2-3 hours
- Serve and enjoy!