I love baked beans, and I like chili so I came up with a combination of the two that the family loved. These will make a great meal or the perfect addition to your holiday meal. The sweetness of the honey barbecue sauce combined with the spice of the garlic and hot peppers and the wonderful flavors of bacon and ground beef. You all need to try these beans, this is FatBoyHeaven in a bowl.
Sweet Barbeque Beans
ACTIVE TIME30 mins
TOTAL TIME50 mins
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 (16 ounce) cans baked beans with pork
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons Lowry's Szechwan Spicy BBQ Sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Fry the bacon pieces in a large skillet until browned and crisp, remove from the pan and set aside. Crumble the ground beef into the pan; cook and stir until no longer pink, then drain off grease. Transfer the ground beef and bacon to a slow cooker.
- Pour the baked beans, navy beans, kidney beans, and ketchup into the slow cooker. Season with honey garlic sauce, Spicy BBQ Sauce, onion powder, garlic salt, mustard powder and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until everything is distributed evenly. Cover, and cook on High heat for 1 hour before serving.