Wednesday nights are busy around our house, as they are in many homes. Carrie often works late, and the kids have youth group, so getting everyone together for dinner is hard. Sometimes that means eating out, but I prefer to cook something in the crockpot that is easy for everyone to eat.
Tonight I decided to work on my recipe for Italian Beef, and the family's consensus is that I have it down! The great thing about doing them in the crockpot is that everyone can can make it is dry or as juicy as the prefer. I grew up with sandwiches that were dipped (much like a french dip), but the family likes to keep their bread dryer. However moist you like them, this recipe will make you happy.
Fat Boy Italian Beef Sandwiches
A classic Italian Beef sandwich, made simple in the crock pot.
TOTAL TIME8 hours, 10 minutes
CATEGORIESbeef, dinner, handheld, lunch, portable, recipe, classic
- 4 lb beef chuck roast
- 3 packages Italian Dressing seasoning
- 1 jar sliced peperocini peppers
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Hard Tallio Rolls
- 1 jar Italian Mix Giardinera, blended into spread
- Place roast in crock pot
- Pour Italian dressing packets over the roast
- Add jar of peppers, including juice
- Add Beef broth
- Add Italian seasoning
- Cook on high for 6-8 hours
- When pull-apart tender shred into small pieces with forks
- Spread both sides of open roll with Giardinera
- Add meat to roll
- Quickly dip sandwich in broth before serving if you like them juicy