Some family friends made this a couple of years ago for a gathering, and it has become a spring/summer go to for our family every since. A nice salad of chickpeas, thinly sliced red onions, and feta cheese is dressed with a spicy vinaigrette and topped with thinly sliced medium-rare steak. This can also be made with lamb instead of beef if you prefer, which I sometimes do. Even the kids love this one, and how can a fatboy go wrong with steak on a salad?
ACTIVE TIME25 minutes
TOTAL TIME35 minutes
- 32 oz softened chickpeas
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 oz crumbled feta
- 5 to 6 mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs. Lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Chili Sauce (I use Siracha)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash Herb and Garlic seasoning
- Marinade of choice
- 1 lb London Broil
- Combine ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Drain chickpeas and place in bowl
- Thinly slice red onion, cut into small pieces
- Add Dressing and toss to coat
- Add Feta just before serving
- Marinade steak for 4-6 hours
- Grill steak to taste (I prefer medium-rare, especially for this salad)
- Thinly slice steak against the bias to improve tenderness. Place thin slices of steak over the top of salad and serve.