I was looking around on Pinterest for creative ideas and ran across this one. They came out great and were super simple. The original post was for mini-muffins, but I was looking to do these for dinner so used normal muffin tins. I should have doubled the recipe, as everyone wanted more! These work well, and will be a big hit for your Super Bowl parties.
I was looking for something to do for dinner tonight, and ran across a very easy to follow recipe for carnitas. I thought that rather than doing tacos or serving it with beans and rice, I would try and come up with a gluten-free bun that would work with it. I decided on a sweet corn muffin using a gluten-free cornbread mix, but dressing it up a bit with honey and a few other tricks.
Drew's Sweet Corn Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup dairy free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Cornbread mix
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350, spray large muffin or bun tin with non-stick cooking spray
- Whisk eggs until fluffy. Add milk, oil, vinegar, vanilla, and honey and mix until well combined.
- Add cornbread mix, and mix thoroughly.
- Divide batter evenly between 6 wells of muffin/bun tin
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Test with toothpick until pick comes out clean when stuck through center of muffin.
You can find the recipe I used for the carnitas here. Enjoy this little taste of FatBoyHeaven!
Another fast easy recipe for you all tonight. I love Tamales, but never have time to make them. This casserole has a lot of the same flavors, but obviously is not going to replace tamales in anyone's life. I loved the way the flavors blended so well, and it was a huge hit with the family.
you can find the recipe here. Enjoy!