OK, as I said earlier today, I have decided that Thursday will be Bacon night from now on. So to kick it off, I went all out today.
Bacon and Burger Meatloaf
2 lbs. 85/15 Ground Beef
1 lb Bacon (roughly cut)
1 medium onion, diced
3 tbs. Worshtishire Sauce
1 tbs. minced garlic
1 cup Oatmeal
1. Start by cooking the bacon in a saute pan untill cooked to desired color. Set Bacon aside to cool.
2. Saute the onion in the bacon grease, then remove, draining the fat.
3. Mix all the ingredients together and put into loaf pan.
4. Cook at 350 for 60-70 minutes until internal temp exceeds 170
Candied Bacon Yams
5 large yams
1 lb Thick sliced bacon
1/4 cup Brown sugar
1/2 stick butter
1. OK, the first step here is to candy the bacon. Lay the slices on a cookie sheet, then sprinkle with the brown sugar. Bake at 350 until bacon is a golden brown (20-25 minutes).
2. Let bacon cool, and then crumble.
3. Peel the yams and cut into medium sized chunks
4. Boil yams until fork tender
6. return to heat, adding bacon and butter
Gluten-Free Bacon Bourbon Brownies
1 pkg Betty Crocker Gluten Free fudge brownie mix
1/2 lb. Bacon
4 tbs. Bourbon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Fry bacon and then crumble.
3. Add bacon crumbles (with grease), Brownie Mix, and all other ingredients to bowl and mix well.
4. Spread (mixture will be pretty thick) mixture into 9x9 pan.
5. Bake for 23-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean from the center.