There is nothing more comforting to many than spaghetti and meatballs, and many spend years working to perfect their meatball recipe. I have spent years working on my recipe, and finally have it right. Give this one a try, you'll love it.
The mixture of ground beef and sausage as the base give this a solid foundation, and the mixture of spices and the addition of breadcrumbs, eggs, and milk fill in the holes and help hold it all together to make this the perfect meatball: It has substance and holds together while cooking in the sauce, and can absorb enough flavor to help it blend into any dish.
Fat Boy Heaven's Perfect Meatballs
- 2 lb Ground Beef (80/20)
- 2 lb Italian Sausage
- 2 1/4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt (fine ground)
- 1 tsp Fresh Ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp Minced garlic in olive oil
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Mix beef and sausage together thoroughly.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix completely, making sure breadcrumbs are incorporated and not left in dry pockets or clumps.
- Grease cookie sheet with olive oil
- Using ice cream scoop, scoop out into 2 inch balls. Roll balls out smoothly between your hands before placing on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 425°
- Remove from oven, place in pot. Cover with your favorite pasta sauce and cook for an hour or so to allow flavors to marry together.
- Serve over pasta of choice.