We wanted something lite and simple for dinner tonight, so we did a salad. A simple bed of mixed greens and baby spinach topped with chicken and French-fried onions. I garnished mine with croutons and raisins.
I love a nice steak sandwich, but get tired of philly-style cheesesteaks. I wanted something cheesy and full of flavors I love, and this is what I came up with. It was a hit in my house, see how your family likes this little piece of FatBoy Heaven.
- 1 lb. Bacon
- 2 lbs. Thin-cut Carne Asada Steak
- 1 tub Philly Cooking Cream - Italian Cheese and Herb flavor
- 1 lb fresh whole leaf spinach
- Hard hoagy style rolls
- Brown bacon in large deep cast iron skillet until crispy, drain on paper towels and set aside
- Cut steak into 1 inch wide strips on the bias
- Fry steak in bacon grease until cooked through medium-rare, drain grease
- Add Cooking Cream and stir into steak, coating well and cooking until cream starts to brown
- Cut rolls
- Layer fresh spinach, then steak, then top with chunks of Bacon and serve