The other night I made a Five Spice Pork and had some leftovers in the bottom of the crock pot. I saved them and put them in the fridge thinking that it would be good for lunch the next day, but then I had a better idea. Since there were such classic asian flavors in the pork, I could make an easy Asian broth to turn them into a soup. Here's what I did.
8 cloves of garlic
Large piece of fresh ginger
32oz Vegatable Broth
Leftovers from the Honey Apple Five Spice Pork
Bok-choy or raw spinach
- Seperate pork from the the other pan drippings and solids in the leftovers and set aside
- Add remaining leftovers to pot
- Peel garlic and slice thinly, add to pot
- Peel ginger and cut into 1/2 inch pieces, add to pot
- Add vegatable broth
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for 20-30 minutes
- In a frying pan, saute greens in water until wilted
- Place some greens in each bowl
- Brown reserved pork until crispy in same frying pan. Divide and add to each bowl
- Cover greens and meat with broth and serve!