I was looking for a recipe for dinner tonight and stumbled across this great idea in an email from All Recipes (a great source of recipe ideas). The great thing about this website is that it has encouraged me to experiment with new flavor combinations that I never might have tried before, and this was definitely one that I would not have come up with on my own. A great gluten-free meal.
The zip from the dijon mustard and horseradish are enhanced by the cayenne pepper and set off the sweetness of the pork. I served it with creamy red mashed potatoes, and the family loved it. Even my daughter, who doesn't like dijon really loved it.
Pork Tenderloin Diablo
ACTIVE TIME5 mins
TOTAL TIME40 mins
- 1 (1 pound) whole pork tenderloin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon extra-hot prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Season pork with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet over high heat. Cook pork until browned on one side, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn over pork and transfer the skillet to the preheated oven. Cook until pork is browned and still slightly pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Transfer pork to a plate.
- Remove any excess oil from the skillet and place it over medium-high heat. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil, scraping any browned bits off of the bottom of the pan. Whisk in cream, horseradish, Dijon mustard, and cayenne pepper. Continue cooking until the mixture is reduced to a thick sauce, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in cold butter. Stir in chives.
- Slice pork into 1/2-inch slices and serve topped with sauce.
Fat Boy Mashed Potatoes
Rich creamy mashed red potatoes are the perfect side dish for any meal
- 3 lbs Red Potatoes
- 4 Tbs. Salted sweet cream butter
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes
- Place potatoes in 6qt pot, covering potatoes with 1-2 inches of water
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are fork tender
- Drain and return to pot
- Mash until slightly chunky
- Add butter and cream, string gently until butter melts
- Season with salt and pepper to taste